Keeping track of the person you love is a great thing to do. You can either make them from time to time or simply ask them to share your location. Sometimes sharing a location can be an advantage for you. You may be easily guided by an address.
There may be times when you travel at night and your mother is worried about you. You can simply send them your location so they know when you get home. There are many ways and applications to share your location with friends and family.
In this article, we’ll show you 9 ways to share your location with friends and family.
There are many ways you can easily share your locations. Sharing locations has many benefits. It also helps keep you safe. If something goes wrong, your friends and family will find out as soon as possible. So why not give it a try. Here are some ways you can easily share your location.
WhatsApp is a free internet-based messaging, phone, video calling and group chat service that allows you to stay in touch with the people you care about. Your friends and family can also see where you are at any time thanks to WhatsApp. There are other benefits to using Whatsapp. You can send money, share documents, pictures, etc.
So here’s how you can share your location on Whatsapp.
- First, turn on GPS on your device using the Settings tab. You can also drag down the notification bar to turn on GPS.
- Now open Whatsapp and select the chat you want to share your location with.
- When using an iPhone, tap the + symbol at the bottom left. If you’re using Android, tap the clip on the bottom right.
- From the menu list, tap Location.
- To send your current location, choose “Send current location” or “Share live location” to share your location in real time as you travel (15 minutes to 8 hours).
You can now share your location with any of your contacts or phone conversations using Whatsapp. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Easy to use and share location.
- Live and current location sharing options are available.
- A precise location may not always be possible.
- Internet access is required.
- Facebook has full control over the service, which means that your personal information may be shared with third parties
2. Google Maps
When it comes to navigation aids, Google Maps is definitely at the top of the list. In addition to helping users find their way to unfamiliar areas, the app can also help them plan their regular commute by monitoring public transportation services. A number of recent Google Maps updates are designed to make consumer travel more sustainable.
You’ll need to use Google Maps on Android or iPhone to share your current location with others. You can only see the location of a friend who has chosen to share it with you if you use Google Maps from a desktop browser. Open the Google Maps app on your device and follow the options below.
- The profile picture icon can be found at the top right of the screen. Touch it.
- From the list of options, tap the “Location sharing” option.
- You can now choose how long your location will be visible to others. You can choose a time period that ranges from an hour to a full day. If you’re not sure how long you want the feature to last, another option is to choose “Until you turn it off.”
- To view a list of people you can share your location with, scroll right and press the “More” button. Sharing your location with Google Maps will require you to provide access to your contacts.
- Identify the person you want to share your current location with. After that, click the “Share” button.
- To stop Google Maps from sharing your location after you reach your destination, choose “Stop sharing your location.”
3. Find My - Only iPhone
You can easily share your location with friends and family on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using the Find Me app. Do this:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Touch the “People” tab.
- Click “Start location sharing.”
- Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to share your location with.
- Once you’ve selected how long you want to share your location, tap the OK button.
- To stop sharing your location, on the People tab, tap the person you want to stop sharing your location with, then choose “Stop sharing my location.”
The next way to share your friends and family’s location is to use Geozilla.
GeoZilla is a program that allows you to keep track of where all your family members are.
When you use GeoZilla, you can always keep an eye on your loved ones and know where they are at all times. This software can also be used to communicate with friends and family.
But, it’s something different. Works when you have a tracking device. It is useful when your dog is away or your children know where to play.
- Download and install the Geozilla app from the Play Store.
- Use your email address or Google Account to sign up.
- Now connect the tracking device to the app and you’re done.
- After entering the device code in the application, you can see the current position in real time.
5. Facebook Messenger
You can share your location without leaving Facebook Messenger if you’re currently chatting with the person or group you want to share. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Open the chat with the person you want to share your location with.
- You can find the location option in the “Arrow sign” or Tap the four dots, there you will find the location option.
- Messenger software may request permission to access your current location.
- To share your location, tap the blue “Share live location” bar on the map.
- To share a location, you can either tap the red pointer at the top right and enter an address, or drag and drop a pointer over the map.
- You can share your location for an hour at a time. You’ll see the “Stop sharing” option next to the countdown clock.
6. My location
You don’t have to be an expert to use the “My Location” app (free with in-app purchases). You can see where your friends are at any time using a map-based interface, and they can do the same for you. To make it easier for you to locate your friends, Find My Friends includes the ability to view their exact latitude and longitude, as well as their exact address.
KML, GPX and GEOJSON files can be imported and exported at any time for a complete log tracking history. Maps and widgets for your phone’s home screen are also available. No previous navigation knowledge is required, and you can get directions to new locations by walking, riding, or driving with this app.
7. Emergency sharing on Android
As you know, there are many operating systems in Android, so the steps to share your location in case of an emergency are different on all Android devices. The power button can be held down to obtain emergency information or an emergency mode.
On most Android devices, these two steps could be followed: -
- Simply go to Settings> Location and activate ‘Emergency location service’. When you call or send a message to an emergency number, your location will be shared with the appropriate authorities if this feature is enabled.
- Navigate to Settings> About phone> Emergency information to activate the feature. Here you can save a list of people to call in case of an emergency. For example, when you make an emergency call, you can tap ‘Status updates’ under Emergency sharing on certain devices to automatically share your location.
SOS messages are a feature that Samsung phones have on their operating systems. Set it up in the following steps.
- Go to Settings> Advanced Features> and tap SOS Messages.
- Continue and press the Continue button after you start it.
- Tap the “Start” option, then choose between adding new contacts or selecting from an existing contact list.
- Now select what the SOS trigger message should look like and whether you want photos or audio in it.
- In case of an emergency, you can launch SOS messages by pressing the power key four times quickly or using any other mode you want. Your location will be sent along with the message. Every 30 minutes for 24 hours, the location will be updated.
8. Emergency sharing on iPhone
Emergency SOS is an iPhone feature from Apple. When enabled, send a text message to emergency contacts and give them your location.
- Open the Health app and tap the profile picture, then Medical ID> Edit, then scroll down to Emergency Contacts to enter your contact information.
- To have a contact list in case of an emergency, click the + symbol.
- Press and hold the power button and a volume key, or if you’re using an iPhone 7, quickly press the power button five times to activate the emergency SOS feature.
- Emergency services can also be activated by dragging the Emergency SOS slider. Text messages and location sharing with your emergency contacts will also be triggered as a result.
- As a precaution, you may want to try your emergency contacts at home. This will make you better understand the steps.
For those who want to keep their loved ones safe, the Life360 app is accessible for both iOS and Android devices. It’s easy to build your own groups, known as “Circles,” and you can see the real-time location of Circle members on a private family map if you wish. You will be notified whenever a member arrives or leaves a location. If your phone is lost or stolen, you can still track its location with this app.
A subscription-based model allows the app to offer more features than others. 30 days of history, unlimited location notifications and local crime alerts are included for $ 2.99 per month. If you are interested in accident detection and 24/7 driver assistance, you can get it for $ 7.99 per month. Its main purpose is to alleviate any stress that may be associated with family travel, especially when dealing with new or inexperienced drivers.
These are all the best ways you can share your location with your friends and family. I hope you enjoyed this article. If in doubt, let us know in the comments section below.